Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problems excluding files

From: Andreas Olsson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problems excluding files
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 10:29:23 +0100

fre 2009-02-20 klockan 23:46 +0100 skrev Francisco M. Marzoa Alonso:
> I did try with a file with this text, that's passed to rdiff-backup
> using --include---include-globbing-filelist:
>
> + /var/www
> - /var/www/*/logs*
> - **

Will this work for you instead?

- '/var/www/*/logs'
+ /var/www
- '**'

Not sure if the quotation is necessary from a filelist. But from a if
you run rdiff-backup directly from a shell it prevents the shell from
expanding the start on itself. The main point is to put the more
specific exclude of /var/www/*/logs before the explicit include
of /var/www.

--
Andreas Olsson
http://www.andreasolsson.se/