[rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup-data upgrade compatibility

From: Daniel Hackney
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup-data upgrade compatibility
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 22:46:26 -0500

Hello All,

I have an rdiff-backup setup using version 0.12.7 on both endpoints
that has been chugging along unattended for almost 5 years now.  I'd
like to replace one end with a new machine, and I'd like to use the
latest version.  I've read numerous accounts of why using different
versions of rdiff-backup on each end is a bad idea.  What I haven't
seen addressed, though, is whether the metadata used to recover a
previous version of a file (the rdiff-backup-data directory) is
compatible if <both> ends are upgraded.

Will this work?

Thanks,

-Daniel