[rdiff-backup-users] Reliability/windows

From: Dnk
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Reliability/windows
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:38:30 -0700

Hi there,

I have just started researching rdiff-backup, and wanted to ask a few beginner questions. When new to a software it is just nice to hear about a few experiences prior to implimenting.

I will be using it with Linux servers, mostly windows clients, and a few mac clients. My backup server is located remotely, and do not want to use VPN for secure access (as I will be scripting the backups). So encryption is important. Ssh from the preliminary reading I have done seems to be an option.

1) is rdiff-backup reliable?
2) and with windows clients too?
3) where can I download the native win binary I have read about. The link seems to have escaped me.

Thanks in advance.