[rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup completes without errors, but then hav

From: listserv . traffic
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup completes without errors, but then have a corrupt archive...
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 00:39:54 -0700

One more note, if it makes any difference.

---
Under cygwin, it will continue to make diffs, and show multiple
increments in the rdiff-backup-data directory. (i.e. It won't
complain about an incomplete backup, and try to regress the state. It
will continue to make additional diffs, but then choke when you
attempt to list them [or anything else I've tried.])

---
The native Windows version will create fine, as referenced before,
and will list the increments fine.

However, the cygwin version can't see any valid rdiff archive in the
directory created by the native windows version. But then attempting
to re-list then under the native Windows version works fine.

---
Next:
On the flip side, creating a rdiff (same source/dest) under Cygwin
and then attempting to list is a bust. However, then listing that
same rdiff repository (created under cygwin) with the Windows
version shows it working fine, as does a "--verify-at-time now"

---
I'm using this same cygwin setup on XP with no problems at all, and I
guess I could switch to the Windows native port, but doing any remote
SSH stuff isn't nearly as easy that way, so I'd prefer to get cygwin
working...

---
Addl facts:
Source and dest are two different drives in the same system.
Tested on two different w2003 setups using different hardware.
No unusual RAID or anything else to contend with.
Drives appear to function just fine.