[rdiff-backup-users] Unclear part in the --remove-older-then section of

From: Cybertinus
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Unclear part in the --remove-older-then section of man rdiff-backup
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 00:00:25 +0200

Hello everybody,

I'm reading the manual page of rdiff-backup and I don't understand the
following part of the manual. It is the last paragraph of the option
--remove-older-then:

"Note  that  snapshots of deleted files are covered by this operation.
Thus if
you deleted a file two weeks ago, backed up immediately afterwards,
and  then
ran  rdiff-backup  with  --remove-older-than  10D today, no trace of
that file
would remain.  Finally, file selection options such as --include and
--exclude
don't affect --remove-older-than."

Does this mean that when I delete a file by accident but I've run a
rdiff-backup --remove-older-than in the mean time I can't get it back
from my backup? Not even from a snapshot that was created before I
deleted that file (but to new to be deleted by --remove-older-then)?
That would be a little weird imo, because that is one of the reasons I
make backups, so I can cope with user errors. Can anybody clear this
part of the manual up for me?

Thnx in advance.

Regards, Cybertinus