[rdiff-backup-users] Remote encrypted backup with slow connection.

From: Piotr Karbowski
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Remote encrypted backup with slow connection.
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 13:58:11 +0200

Hi there!

I want to store my backups on remote machine, with sshfs and dmcrypt
(sshfs, losetup, cryptsetup luksOpen, mount etc.) but I need reduce
traffic, if I will just run rdiff on mounted dmcrypted-volume under
sshfs, to check if files was changed and generate diff ti must read
whole file, read == download but it will kill me, I think about two
stage backup, backup files to local rdiff-backup dir and then sync
local rdiff-backup dir with remote server but how? If I will use for
example rsync it still need to check whole files for changes (read,
download it) and upload only new. I hope you will understand what I
need and help me.

--
Pozdrawiam.
Piotr Karbowski.