[rdiff-backup-users] remote-schema works manually, but not w/ rdiff-back

From: Bryan Vicknair
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] remote-schema works manually, but not w/ rdiff-backup
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 09:36:29 -0700

When I run this command:
 sudo rdiff-backup --print-statistics --exclude-globbing-filelist
/home/bry/backup/vic/exclude --remote-schema 'ssh -C %s sudo
rdiff-backup --server' vic::/home /home/bry/backup/vic/home

I get the error:
ssh: Could not resolve hostname vic: Name or service not known
Fatal Error: Truncated header string (problem probably originated remotely)

Couldn't start up the remote connection by executing

    ssh -C vic sudo rdiff-backup --server

However, when I run "ssh -C vic sudo rdiff-backup --server" manually,
it works fine.  Why is it saying it can't resolve hostname vic:?  I
have 'vic' setup in my .ssh/config file, and it works fine manually.
The only reason I am using --remote-schema is so I can stick the
'sudo' in there, because I need rdiff-backup to run as root on the
server so it can read all the files, and the root user is not
available in Ubuntu, so I have to use sudo.

Bryan