[rdiff-backup-users] native VSS (Shadow Copy) support

From: Randy Syring
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] native VSS (Shadow Copy) support
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 23:18:33 -0400

I was going to try to add support for Windows Shadow Copy Service based on this code/concept:

http://markmail.org/thread/bmyioexeuvnwlmho

and am wondering if anyone had suggestions related to this. The concept seems simple enough, make a shadow copy of each drive involved and change the location of the backed up files from the actual drive to the vss image. I was thinking a new flag could be implemented '--vss' in order to tell rdiff-backup that vss images are desired.

--
Randy Syring

"Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory
of God." 1 Cor 10:31