[rdiff-backup-users] Create Missing Data

From: MikeyG79
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Create Missing Data
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 04:54:43 -0700

What you are missing is the manual page warning that you should never write to
mirror directory except with rdiff-backup. Once you've corrupted the backup
by making changes to the mirror, rdiff-backup won't function correctly for any
files that you affected.

Wow, guess we're going to switch back to rsync. If rdiff can't create a backup
from live files (ie: recreate files in the backup repository that may get
erased) it's almost worthless in our situation.

We've been using rsync to keep incremental backups on the clients systems for
easy/quick restore. So if part of the full backup gets moved, the backup
mechanism needs to be able to re-create that.