Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Please help getting my backups running.

From: David Precious
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Please help getting my backups running.
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 18:05:50 +0000

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 17:26:06 +0000
Dominic Raferd <address@hidden> wrote:

> You only need the --remote-schema because you are connecting to a
> non-standard port, the normal connection assumes tcp port 22;
> rdiff-backup does not have a -p option but using remote-schema in
> this way achieves the same thing.

Just to add, the --remote-schema option could be avoided if you add a
Host definition to ~/.ssh/config with the appropriate port setting,
e.g.:

  Host foo.example.com
  Port 1234

Then you can just use that hostname, and it should Just Work, with no
need to mess with --remote-schema, or with the -p option when using ssh
directly).

--
David Precious ("bigpresh") <address@hidden>
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/     www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter