repo-criteria-discuss

Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] What's needed to publish the evaluations (ak

From: Mike Gerwitz
Subject: Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] What's needed to publish the evaluations (aka the longest email ever {aka two specific tasks})}
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 00:12:48 -0400

GNU ethical repository criteria evaluations

We maintain this evaluation report presenting the compliance level of popular sites to the GNU ethical repository criteria. There are some criteria that we can’t possibly verify, in which case we accept the site maintainer’s word on the matter. This evaluation is done by volunteers and you are welcome to contribute.

Site Grade Date Version
GNU Savannah A 1.0
Gitlab C 1.0
GitHub F 1.0
SourceForge F 1.0

GNU SavannahA

Savannah has already acheived the highest grade for ethical hosting. These are the issues that would need to be addressed for it to earn extra credit:

GitlabC

Things that prevent it from moving up to the next grade, B:

GitHubF

Things that prevent it from moving up to the next grade, C:

Qualified passes for the next grade C:

SourceForgeF

On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 11:38:06 -0500, Zak Rogoff wrote:
> # Task 1: Get the evaluations ready to publish
> The latest draft of the evaluations that I've received is up at
> <https://static.fsf.org/nosvn/repo-criteria/eval-page-feb-4-2016.html>
> for us to review. Please don't link to it publicly yet.

Attached is the modified draft.  See details below.

> The task includes:
>
>   * Double-check that the evaluations are still are up to date and send
> an email confirming this to the list. If they are not up-to-date, make
> sure someone updates them.

Do we have a definitive up-to-date reference?  I don't think there have
been any updates since Bruno last modified this draft (aside from
Gitlab).

>   * Add a note to the evaluations page and the evaluations matrix (the
> table that summarizes the scores) saying which version of the criteria
> was used to evaluated them (we should keep the date of evaluation that's
> already there).

Done.

>   * Confirm with Sytse and Mike Gerwitz that the Gitlab evaluation is
> ready to be published (if you two are reading this, feel free to just
> respond right here!). If so, add that evaluation to the draft.

Done previously; added to draft.

--
Mike Gerwitz
Free Software Hacker | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer