jami

[Ring] Some suggestions

From: Martin Hess
Subject: [Ring] Some suggestions
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 09:51:16 +0100 (CET)

Dear supporters and ring team,

I believe ring has great concept with it's fully distributed and encrypted communication. Whatsapp needs an alternative ;-).  So I was going to give it a try on my smartphone. Well I cancelled installation because of permissions needed even worse than whatsapp???

# connect and disconnect from wifi? - When rings wants and I don't know about?

# pair with Bluetooth devices? Ok, ring has a bluetooth feature?

#read call log?

To keep on going transparent, I would suggest you to list the permissions in the ring google play description (like other privacy apps do) with the ring features linked to it. Clear for everyone, why they are needed.

Please answer me one question: When I create a new ring account where is the new account stored in the distributed, serverless ring network?

Best regards

Martin