robovasion-devel

[RoboVasion-Devel] Freecraft

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: [RoboVasion-Devel] Freecraft
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:18:30 +0200

Hello everyone,

I'm researcher at the EPFL (http://www.epfl.ch/) and co-leader of the
Globulation 2 (http://www.ysagoon.com/glob2/) free software game.

As an hacker, I cannot accept what Blizzard did to Freecraft.

Why did you gave up so easily ? Why not set up a mirror ?

I've looked at robovasion, fine, the engine could go on, but anyway I think
setting up a freecraft's mirror in Switzerland is a good thing.

Reverse engeneering is protected by Swiss law, and I'm ready to set-up a
mirror here. We have enough space and bandwidth. I have no intention to let
fascist american laws to rule our lives.

I hope we can resurect Freecraft, or at least continuing to let people play
warcraft 2 using robovasion's engine.

See you,

Steph