rule-list

[Rule-list] Ok,,, but what if you don't have a cdrom

From: Arthur Yarwood
Subject: [Rule-list] Ok,,, but what if you don't have a cdrom
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 04:45:05 -0800

I've just picked up an old Panasonic CF-41 laptop and faced a similar
problem. I couldn't boot off the cd drive and it had no floppy. The
only way I got around this was to put the drive in another machine and
install redhat from there, then pop the drive back in.

My laptop only has 8 meg ram, so a little more limited than this
project is aiming for, however I'm sure a lot of your work would still
be very relevant. :)

My biggest concern with redhat ATM, is with 'updatedb' which runs
shortly after booting - it just kills the thing, can't do jack until it
finishes. Thoughts?

Arthur