rule-list

[Rule-list] Anacron configuration

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: [Rule-list] Anacron configuration
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 14:25:28 +0100

Devon said:

>Try disabling anacron with 'chkconfig anacron off'
>'rpm -e anacron' would do as well. :)
>
>Then the database updates will happen at the regularly scheduled 4:00AM
>time. Anacron tries to run any missed cron jobs as soon as possible
>after  booting.

Isn't this the kind of thing that we should try to correct with a different
configuration, rather than turning it off (see the init page
on the web site:

http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/rule/init.html

Like do start anacron at boot, but after login, and with pauses between
one job and the next..

        Ciao,
                Marco Fioretti