rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] Test: RULE 0.5.3

From: Arthur J . Yarwood
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] Test: RULE 0.5.3
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 08:24:05 +0000

On 2002.02.20 02:17:47 +0000 Martin Stricker wrote:
So I finally finished downloading 0.5.3, but had not yet the time to
get
0.6.0, but I wanted to test, so here it goes...

Hardware: 166 MHz Pentium I MMX, 160 MB RAM, 2.4 GB IDE harddisk, 10x
CD-ROM drive, Matrox Mystique 4 MB RAM graphics.

linux mem=8M failed! Not enough memory! *grumble* Today I saw on
enigma-list a thread where someone got RHL 7.2 working on his 8 MB 386
laptop (after installing on a different machine and switching disks).
So
RULE *should* support 8 MB installs! Devon, could you please throw out
that restriction completely?

Yeah I managed to install RH7.0 on my Panasonic laptop with 8meg of ram. Had to put the disk in another machine to do it though (it couldn't boot off anything other than the hard drive anyway). I did also try installing from a dos partition, but that failed due to lack of ram too.

Arthur