rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] minimum rule install

From: Eugene Wong
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] minimum rule install
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:11:50 -0800

From: Martin Stricker <address@hidden>
Eugene said:
> Somebody else said:
<snip>
> >authconfig-4.1.19-1
> >kudzu-0.99.23-1
>
> These both seem unecessary for a base install.
>
> >kernel-2.4.7-10
>
> I've never used this before...just kidding!! ;^p

You don't need to use it if you have Emacs... *ducks and runs* ;=D

I don't get it, but then again I use Vim, the right editor... *also ducks and runs* ;^p

Seriously though, I don't get the Emacs joke.

<snip>
Busybox and uclib are what slinky (the smaller, not anaconda-based
installer) is made of... ;=D

I must have misunderstood what this thread was about. I was thinking in terms of minimal install, so that they could continue with the other part of the install. For the last few days I've been thinking about the install methods of RH. I guess I found it hard to get out of that mode. My apologies.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Sincerely, and with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong