rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] 486 ftp install complete!

From: Eugene Wong
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] 486 ftp install complete!
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 21:51:49 -0700

From: Michael Fratoni <address@hidden>
<snip>

...I'd be interested to see the output of 'rpm -Va > depchk.out'
While the machine may boot, you might find some
problems via the above command.

I found the computer almost seemed to stop running that program without returning to the command line. Perhaps it was so busy but didn't need to use the disk much. I'll try and get the results to you later on. I already stopped it, thinking that there was something wrong. Also, I only want to make the smaller list for during the installation, which you probably just figured out in my previous email.

<snip>
Did you download the ne.o module for the new kernel?

No, I didn't give that idea much consideration. I just tried it, and it didn't work. I was trying the Slinky 0.2.5 that is for RH7.2, not 7.3. The problem is that there is a segmentation fault.

It occurs to me that I didn't update the modules on disk2 for the
new kernel. It will be fixed in the next release.

Cool!

Sorry about that, my mistake.

No worries.

Sincerely, and with thanks,