rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] sshd Fails?

From: Ed Blackman
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] sshd Fails?
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 18:20:25 -0400

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 02:47:19PM -0700, Geoff Burling wrote:
> Has anyone been able to get sshd to work on a 486? (My system has a
> 486DX33 & 20MB of RAM.)

sshd needs to do some fairly computationally intense calculations at
startup (creating the host key? something like that).  It takes a
minute or two on my AMD 5x86/133 (effectively, a clock-quadrupled
486/33), so I would imagine it would take longer on a 486/33.

Have you tried starting the service after bootup?  How long did you
let it go before you killed it?

Ed