rule-list

Re: [RULE] Boot-floppy detect.

From: Martin Stricker
Subject: Re: [RULE] Boot-floppy detect.
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 00:55:55 +0100

Vegard Munthe wrote:

> Network Interface Cards I have no idea how to test, since I have only
> found vendor specific testers.

If you have a hub and another, proven working network computer, a simple
ping should do the trick (after configuring the network card which can
be done automatically).

> Keyboard/mouse tests would have to involve inputtests by users with
> both at and ps2 keyboard interfaces and seriell and ps2 mice
> interfaces.

Hmph. No idea how to automate these. Maybe having a program that gets
the keycode and compares it with a predefined list (this would require
the user to press each key in a predefined order).

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/
Red Hat Linux 7.3 for low memory: http://www.rule-project.org/