rule-list

Re: [RULE] Proposals for the 0.4.0 Version of Slinky

From: M. Fioretti
Subject: Re: [RULE] Proposals for the 0.4.0 Version of Slinky
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 10:14:06 +0200

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 09:51:29 at 09:51:29AM +0200, Ingo Lantschner
(address@hidden) wrote:

General comments:

1) there are menu management systems already (can't remember their
names right now), and above all the relevant standard at
www.freedesktop.org: using them is the best way to go.

2) If the project is to progress, it is important to find maintainers
of several subsystems. Michael is great, but nobody can do everything
alone. Making RPMs of these menu management things, or everybody else,
and then handing them over for ISO creation or separate download is
much better

As far as I am concerned, I have bought a 128 MB USB pen drive. This
will help me to download/upload much more stuff than in the past:
namely, I should be able to build and maintain RPMs for RULE much more
than now. For example, I plan to package for RULE the new FireBird
browser (aka "mozilla guys finally realized how much bloat they were
doing!") and make it available. I am also interested in email and
window managers, with all the related menu issues. This will happen
not before the end of this month, however, as I definitely have to
give RULE some sort of simple CMS system, before anything else.

Conclusion: RULE is growing, its grow rate is accelerating, and Ingo
pointed out important issues (not to mention all its testing, and his/VUM
bringing RULE to end users!). Let's all read the todo and tasks pages
on the website, and come back here with detailed wishlists (not for
Michael, for the project), and, above all, with volunteers!

         Ciao,
                Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
you do it. -- Gandhi