rule-list

[RULE] My Computer Info

From: Eugene Wong
Subject: [RULE] My Computer Info
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 00:27:16 -0700

Hi.

I finally looked @ the info for my RULE install. It is incorrect. So here is the corrected version. If there are any questions, just ask.

PC OWNER : Eugene T.S. Wong, please contact me through the mailing list
       BOX TYPE : Desktop
       BRAND OF PC : n/a
       CPU : 486dx [or 486sx]
       CPU SPEED : 33 MHz [I think]
       MOTHERBOARD : n/a
       RAM SIZE : 8 MB
       RAM TYPE : n/a
       HD SIZE : approx 500 MB
       HD MODEL : n/a
       HD BUS : n/a
       CDROM MODEL : none
       CDROM SPEED : 0
       CDROM BUS : none
       GRAPHIC CARD MODEL : n/a
       GRAPHIC CARD RAM : 0
       GRAPHIC CARD BUS : n/a
       MOUSE : n/a
       KEYBOARD : 101 US
       MODEM INTERNAL: none
       MODEM EXTERNAL : none
       MODEM INTERNAL BUS : none
       MODEM EXTERNAL BUS : none
       SOUND CARD : none
       SOUND CARD BUS : none
       NETWORK CARD : D-Link [NE compatible]
       NETWORK CARD BUS : n/a
       OTHER CARD : n/a
       MONITOR TYPE :  crt
       MONITOR SIZE : 0
       MONITOR RESOLUTION : n/a
       MONITOR DEPTH : n/a
       MONITOR FREQ VERT : n/a
       MONITOR FREQ HORZ : n/a
       PRINTER : n/a

Also, there is an error in the template. The template says,
       MODEM INTERNAL:
       MODEM EXTERNAL :
       MODEM INTERNAL BUS :
       MODEM EXTERNAL :
but should probably read,
       MODEM INTERNAL:
       MODEM EXTERNAL :
       MODEM INTERNAL BUS :
       MODEM EXTERNAL BUS :

I would like to suggest that there be another option other than "n/a". As far as I understand, "n/a" is the same as "none". Maybe the template should suggest, both "unsure" and "none" for text, & 9991234 for numbers. I say that in case somebody actually has a zero. I'm not sure if anybody would really need a zero, but I suggest it just in case. I don't mind either way. If you do decide to make that change, then I'll send my computer info again, with the relevant changes.

Also, if the user is having trouble understanding what certain fields mean, then it should be obvious that he can look @ other pages. However it may be wise to mention it, just in case. For example, "If you are having trouble understanding what kind of information is being asked, then try looking at some of the other pages.".

Sincerely, & with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong