rule-list

[RULE] Suggested Page Correction

From: Eugene Wong
Subject: [RULE] Suggested Page Correction
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 00:48:18 -0700

       RULE testing corner

       The RULE project aims to have a complete, thoroughful testing
       program. Please send any suggestion about how to improve the
       test procedure to marco at this.website.

   How to participate

       Even if you have no programming skills, you can help RULE
       development a lot if you have some obsolete computer available
       to play with. Just:

       o   download the latest version of the RULE installers
The temporary download page is http://www.tuxfan.homeip.net:8080/rule/
       o   register your test computers by sending
#REF test/pc_form.php;this form;, in ASCII format, to address@hidden
       with the subject line, "My RULE Computer Info", without quotes.
       As soon as possible it will become an HTML form.
       o   try to install RULE following
       #REF docs/rule_install.php; this procedure;, and report any
       error/success/suggestions

   The RULE testing farm

       As of 2003/02/23 the testing farm consists of:

       o   18 - Pentium I - Diverse desktop and portables
       o   10 - 486 - Diverse desktop and portables
       o   1 - Athlon -  desktop

       Their characteristics are reported in the table below.
       Obviously, the more the better: any hardware, be it powerful
       or very old, is interesting, expecially if it represents some
       unusual combination of CPU/Motherboard/hard disk...

       You are also encouraged both to browse the list below, to get
       an idea of what RULE can run on, and to contact (through the
       mailing list or address@hidden) owners of PCs like yours
       if you have installation problems. Clicking on the "more..."
       link will show all the hardware details. When available, a
       report of the RULE installation on any given PC is reachable
       clicking on the PC label.

       The most recently updated entries are listed first.

##INSERT(/home/marco/PROJECTS/RULE/website/scripts/show_pc.php)

I changed the following:
#REF test/pc_form.php;this form;, in ASCII format, to address@hidden
       As soon as possible it will become an HTML form.
to this:
#REF test/pc_form.php;this form;, in ASCII format, to address@hidden,
       with the subject line, "My RULE Computer Info", without quotes.
       As soon as possible it will become an HTML form.

Did I submit this properly?

Sincerely, & with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong