rule-list

Re: [RULE] Project for distributing Linux on older machines?

From: mikecook
Subject: Re: [RULE] Project for distributing Linux on older machines?
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:06:49 -0400 (EDT)

The name of our project is Freegeek-Michiana, <a
href="http://www.freegeekmichiana.org/";>http://www.freegeekmichiana.org/</a> in
South Bend, IN (not to be confused with Freegeek <a
href="http://www.freegeek.org/";>http://www.freegeek.org/</a> in Portland, OR,
with whom we are affiiated).  We are currently using Vector Linux 3.2 (a
Slackware derivitive) which has worked well in our freebox program.  We have
been looking at alternatives that would be easier for Linux novices to add
software to.  We haven't used Rule so far, but have been considering it as many
of us have our primary experience with Red Hat.  We also use LTSP, the Linux
Terminal Server Project, to set up computer labs, for training, internet
access, etc at local churches in low income neighborhoods.  LTSP comes on  RH
pkgs.

Mike Cook