rule-list

[RULE] Use /boot partition as a rescue disk?

From: Eugene Wong
Subject: [RULE] Use /boot partition as a rescue disk?
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:09:16 -0700

Hi all.

I was wondering how hard it would be for someone to create a rescue disk using the /boot partition. I ask because I think that it would be a good way of making use of the spare space on /boot. In other words, instead of the floppy, we'd use the /boot partition. I've tried to do it, but my kernel can't seem to find /sbin/init.

I'm using a Gentoo kernel, & Busybox. Does anybody have advice?

Sincerely, & with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong