rule-list

[RULE] About KOffice 1.3 for RULE + Red Hat 9

From: M. Fioretti
Subject: [RULE] About KOffice 1.3 for RULE + Red Hat 9
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:48:52 +0100

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 10:49:41 AM +0100, C David Rigby
(address@hidden) wrote:

> I have located the Abiword 2.0.5 rpm and some koffice 1.3 rpms
> (binary and source). The koffice 1.3 rpms are built for Fedora Core
> 1, so they may not work (as yet untested) but I can always try to
> rebuild the source package on a system here running RH 9.

David,

sorry, I forgot to tell you this. I had already tried last night
exactly what you say above about KOffice from Fedora.

I cheated, ie patched the spec file to require the same version of Qt
and KDE of RH9. aspell and aspell-devel are also needed to build. The
build failed however, with the error I already reported to the koffice
mailing list: look for today's message from me titled "Cannot compile
KOffice: Bad file descriptor". Please check that for details. I also
forwarded the bug report to shrike, fedora and fedora-devel, but no
feedback so far.

HTH,
        Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

The whole world is a tuxedo and you are a pair of brown shoes.
                -- George Gobel