rule-list

Re: [RULE] Structure of slinky filesystem/bin folder

From: M. Fioretti
Subject: Re: [RULE] Structure of slinky filesystem/bin folder
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 23:18:36 +0100

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 16:13:30 PM +0100, C David Rigby (address@hidden) wrote:
> Marco,
> So what would be useful would be an already "up2date" RULE-based RH9
> installer, all on a single CD.  In other words, a bootable CD that
> included the RULE installer and all of the needed RPMs all on the
> same disk, yes? Do you know what your target system for the
> installation is?

OK, this is the *ideal* solution, the one that would make me
deliriously happy (as in "making RULE looking real good at the install
fest of next saturday"):

  I have the three original RH9 cdroms, so:
  one iso with latest slinky for Red Hat 9 including:
      latest abiword rpm (those announced by Ingo here some months
      ago)
      latest RH9 official kernel from RH, possibly in both i386/486
      and pentium versions
      latest official X rpm for RH9
      kdrive rpm
      koffice 1.3 (from source, I guess, no RH9 rpm available yet,
      right?)
  by wednesday afternoon, GMT +1 time (to have time to install on my
  laptop and report to you all)
  max 120 MB size (my USB stick...)

Of course I know I *am* asking a lot. Everything you can do is OK,
don't worry.

> In other news, I am making my final comments on my previously
> promised report on SPIP. It has gotten rather long, so I am going to
> put it on the server and then post the link to the mailing list
> shortly.

Great, thanks again!

Later,
        Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

[Crash programs] fail because they are based on the theory that, with
nine women pregnant, you can get a baby a month.
                                                Wernher von Braun