savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] Re: Personal Configuration Settings for task manage

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Re: Personal Configuration Settings for task manage
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 18:12:52 +0200

Mathieu Roy wrote:
Laurent, is there a particular reason to add this configuration
section directly in the task manager, and not in the account
configuration?
If not, I'll move it to the account configuration page. (I plan to
modify this page anyway)

The option I took on CodeX was to keep in the service area all the settings that relate to it. The Task Manager currently has little configuration capabilities but this could change very quickly. The bug tracker was also that simple before we enhanced it and now you can see that it is a complex thing. I personally do not see it in the account configuration.

The guidelines for CodeX is the following: if a configuration item cut across all projects then it has to be on the Account Maintenance page. If it is service specific, then it is also very often project specific , and it has to be under the Admin part of the service.

The default date choice in the task manager is specific to the service but it also vary from one project to another for the same user so it has to be in the Admin part of the service.

What do you think?

Laurent

PS: Plus if you diverge from CodeX it will make code merging even more difficult for me and chances are that we are going to build a new task manager soon :-)

--
Laurent JULLIARD - Xerox R&T/SSTC/XPA - Open Source team