savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] info about ssh

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-dev] info about ssh
Date: 23 Oct 2002 18:18:39 +0200

Hi,

In the page where users can addtheir key ssh, we can read the
following

"To avoid having to type your password every time for your CVS/SSH
developer account, you may upload your public key(s) here and they
will be placed on the CVS server in your ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file."

Two points I find strange:
        - normally, users CANNOT and should be able to use any
password. Password can be cracked, password shouldnt be used to permit
people to use SSH. Normally, with the current settings we had, it does
not work.
        - it's a bad idea to talk about CVS/SSH key. People have to
understand that whatever service they use on savannah, is secured bvy
SSH. So they have to register a SSH key, not particulary for SSH.

I fix this.

--
Mathieu Roy

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<