savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] [Bug #2117] Jobs from closed, but not deleted project vi

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #2117] Jobs from closed, but not deleted project visible but inaccessible
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 07:03:40 -0500

=================== BUG #2117: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=2117&group_id=11

Changes by: Ricard Mira <address@hidden>
Date: 2003-Feb-02 13:03 (Europe/Madrid)

Sorry, yeupou, I don't understand you.  After reading this message, please tell
me whether I should fill a new bug report.

I think that the correct behavior would be to "delete jobs listed by closed
projects" (as nikodemus says), and to delete tasks listed by deactivated task
managers.

Here is what I have done now:

1) I have activated the task manager.

2) I have tried to access the tasks from My Tasks on My Personal Page, but this
message appears: "No Matching Tasks found: Add tasks using the link above".

3) But the tasks are still on My Personal Page.

4) Also, the Update Project/Task Manager page says that the "translation"
subproject is "Deleted".  I think that if it is deleted it shouldn't exist.

5) I have deactivated the task manager.

=================== BUG #2117: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: nikodemus               Project: Savannah
Submitted on: 2003-Jan-03 02:49
Category:  None                       Severity:  3 - Ordinary

Original Submission:  Case: The Y Kernel project is in an intermediary status,
over, but not completely deleted. Job from this project
(title "kernel developer") is visible on the jobs page, but
cannot be accessed.

Similarly the old project page cannot be accessed, but does
not give a reasonable message, but complains of insufficent
groups access.

Apparently (?) this would apply to all similar cases as well.

IMHO the correct behaviour would be to

a) have a page that informs of the projects fate in place of
the old project page, since people link to these pages
from outside savannah anyways, and "quiet disappearances"
look a bit suspicious ... ;)

b) delete jobs listed by closed projects

The relevant urls are:
 * https://savannah.nongnu.org/people/viewjob.php?group_id=1794&job_id=70
 * https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/ykernel/
 * https://savannah.gnu.org/people/?category_id=1

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: 2003-Jan-31 23:39             By: yeupou
Ricard, can you make sure that the 2 task are actually deleted? Reactivcate the
task manager, check, and then redeactivate it, thanks.

I think that asking for each request, bug, task submitted if each project have
still the feature activated would generate an extra usage of sys resources
pretty minor by comparison with the sys resources usage in itself. Don't you
agree?

If that's not it, please, fill a new bug report. (it's easier to track a bug
for each project.

About the bug issue: I checked the Y project kernel setting I found it he was
not in private.I found I checked this previously. Anyway, now Y Kernel seems
hidden, so...

About the "quiet disappearances", project will stay in intermediary state too
long. They'll be deleted. Message can be found in the savannah mailing list.
For now, that would be sufficient, no?

Date: 2003-Jan-04 17:32             By: ricard
I have a similar issue:

1) I created 2 tasks (1050 and 1051) for the Flaxornoflax project
(http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/flaxornoflax/), and assigned them to
myself.

2) I think that I deleted the 2 tasks and turned off the task manager.

3) Issue: The 2 tasks are still under My Tasks on My Personal Page, but are
inaccessible ("Error: This Project Has Turned Off The Task Manager").

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=2117&group_id=11