savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] CERN, sv_update_conf etc...

From: mathieu
Subject: [Savannah-dev] CERN, sv_update_conf etc...
Date: 02 Feb 2003 08:27:17 +0100

Jaime,

Note that I also plan to include new configuration option (for
instance, base directory for user home. Someone may want it's user
base not mixed with non managed by savannah user base, in a different
place than /home. We can easily pass this can of argument to useradd).
Backward option will be at the end of the file. I'll clean this and
enhance sv_update_conf.pl

And finally, once savannah-lib + savannah-backend2 will be ok, I'll
clean the savannah module

savannah
savannah/etc
savannah/doc[...]
savannah/lib (savannah-lib act.)
savannah/backend (savannah-backend2 act.)
savannah/frontend/php (savannah/www act, a symlink will remain)

I notice that G. Morin done lot of work in savannah-backend. I not
sure to understand how that may be used. Anyway, I'll try to include
what I understand in savannah-backend2.
I prefered start from savannah/gnuscript than from savannah-backend as
it's the scripts we actually use and I want that task to be done in a
short delay.

sv_cvs is now the main thing. I going to split it in scripts like
sv_user.pl (that will update system according to database about
users).

I adapted sv_aliases to use Savannah; : now in this script we just
have basic command to print content in /etc/aliases (in the way Loic
made it working) but database data harvesting issue is managed via the
Savannah.pm

Note that now scritps in savannah-backend unlike in gnuscript is now
registered with the proper extension (.pl .sh). It's a valuable
information while browsing. At make install step, only basename will
naturally remain.

--
mathieu

  [ http://humeur.coleumes.org    : Mieux vaut ĂȘtre une vache en Europe qu'un