savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] Re: [Bug #3468] Mail from Savannah [was: from BTS] shoul

From: Baruch Even
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Re: [Bug #3468] Mail from Savannah [was: from BTS] should have special headers
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 20:03:52 +0300

Thanks!

I'm sure it will help me to better manage my projects.

A few issues that would be nice to have:
 - Web access logs
 - Offline downloading of databases (similar to bug mbox of Debian BTS)
 - rsync updates of websec (instead of CVS)

The logs are nice to have. It's always interesting to know how much see
the web pages, but it's not critical. Download counting would be nice
too.

Offline downloading of databases will be very useful, right now I simply
keep a TODO file, but it's a poor substitute. Most of the time I'm
disconnected from the net. This is also the reason why I don't use the
CVS repository for code and use a local Subversions repository. Being
able to keep online (read-only) a Subversions repository would be useful
too.

I use the CVS of the site in a very dumb way, I have the site in my
local subversions repository and when I need to update, I commit the new
changes. This requires some playing with added/removed files, and wastes
space for website history. I'd rather update everything with rsync.

I've prepared some scripts to help me release software from the
Subversions repository to the site, it can easily be adapted to CVS too.
Is there a place on Savannah to publish these? I'd suppose these tools
would be helpful to others too.

Thanks for the work you put into Savannah, it IS appreciated!

Baruch

* address@hidden <address@hidden> [030515 19:53]:

> =================== BUG #3468: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=3468&group_id=11