savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] [bug #3773] site news administration broken

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [bug #3773] site news administration broken
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 02:43:08 -0400

=================== BUG #3773: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=3773&group_id=11

Changes by: Lord of the Files <address@hidden>
Date: Tue 08/05/2003 at 06:43 (GMT)

[WORKAROUND]
Actually you have to set is_approved to 1 to approve something ;)

=================== BUG #3773: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: yeupou                  Project: Savannah
Submitted on: Tue 05/27/2003 at 15:46
Category:  News Mgr                   Severity:  5 - Average

Original Submission:  When we have plenty of news (as here), the latest items
are now shown on the list These news items were submitted and need approval:

Latest items are
mailings lists setup
New Release Adgali 0.2.2
mldonkey 2.5 has been released
Plans for 4.0.0
First preview release of 0.5.0 is out
No windows binary builds
Version 1.1 Available
New version 0.0.2
Beta 1
alpha release in CVS
Potential findutils release - please test the CVS code!

But the database return:
| New version 0.0.2                                                   |
| File posted                                                         |
| Start! :)                                                           |
| Beta 1                                                              |
| alpha release in CVS                                                |
| Potential findutils release - please test the CVS code!             |
| First release of laptopkernel-2.4.21-rc4-laptop1                    |
| Meet the lads.                                                      |
| TEST

This is because items posted got a 5 at is_approved. Which means that basically
an item to be approved on Savannah front page need first to be approved on a
project (!= Savannah). But it renders impossible to submit a project for
Savannah from the start.

Work around [~]# mysql -e 'UPDATE news_bytes SET is_approved=0 WHERE
summary="Meet the lads."' sourceforge
(where Meet the lads. is the name of your news).

Follow-up Comments

Date: Tue 08/05/2003 at 06:43       By: admin
[WORKAROUND]
Actually you have to set is_approved to 1 to approve something ;)

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=3773&group_id=11