savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] Re: improvements

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Re: improvements
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 10:44:51 +0200 (MEST)

En réponse à parser <address@hidden>:

> Hello, i´m study informatik in germany. I set up savannah
> for a intranet use.
> There are many improvements that are possible.
> - every project get theire own cvs-repository: you just
>    have to change little parts of savannah-code
>    and the configfile of viewcvs

I do not exactly understand what you mean. Can you give more details?

> - savannah use extern text-files to print savannah-content.
>   thats good but you also put it in the website - thats
>   ugly. there are no good disconnetion between format and
>   content.

I do not understand either.

>   Otherwise it would be easy to manage multiple language

In fact, it's pretty easy to manage multiple language already. Can you be more
specific?

> - the configure-skript is bad, to install you have to put
>   the database-user at two times, the labeling of the
>   entries is blurry

You're welcome to propose better labels.

> - there are many more improvements, but i have little
> problems with writing english
> Parser

Thanks for your comments, more details would be helful.

Regards,

--
Mathieu Roy

   -- I\'m right now on vacation and I\'m forced to use an unfriendly tool to
   get/send mail. If you expect a reply from me very soon, add \"urgent\" in
   the subject field --