savannah-dev

Re: [Savannah-dev] Re: improvements

From: Derek FEICHTINGER
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] Re: improvements
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:10:52 +0200

Hi,

> En réponse à parser <address@hidden>:
> > Hello, i´m study informatik in germany. I set up savannah
> > for a intranet use.
> > There are many improvements that are possible.
> > - every project get theire own cvs-repository: you just
> >    have to change little parts of savannah-code
> >    and the configfile of viewcvs
>
> I do not exactly understand what you mean. Can you give more details?

We are running Savannah at CERN and every project has the possibility of
having an own CVS repository. Actually the CVS management is detached from
Savannah in our version, because many projects already run own CVS
repositories and they often utilize specialized CVS extensions (so we don't
want to force them to use a centralized CVS service). This all boils down to
just providing a link to the viewcvs/cvsweb service from Savannah.

We have a number of additions and we will merge them with Mathieu Roy's help
to the GNU Savannah distribution in September. We will post changes/plans on
the address@hidden mailing list, so that everybody can join in the
discussions.

Cheers,
Derek

--
Dr. Derek Feichtinger                   Tel:   +41 22 767 26 98
LCG/SPI Group                           email: address@hidden