savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] [bugs #7381] jobs submission result page says postings wi

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [bugs #7381] jobs submission result page says postings will be closed after two weeks, even though this is not true
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:57:36 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: Savane at Savannah.

[bugs #7381] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
'Date:
                ven 16.07.2004 à 13:28 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
              Status | Open                      | Closed

Savannah development, now renamed Savane, continues at
https://gna.org/p/savane

Bug reports should be submitted to the bug tracker where he
stands now at https://gna.org/bugs/?group=savane
Check there if the bug you noticed/feature you'd like to use is
not already registered.

[bugs #7381] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savane at Savannah
Submitted by: Karl Berry
On: jeu 22.01.2004 à 16:47

Category:  Web Frontend
Severity:  3 - Ordinary
Fixed Release:
Affected release:

weeks, even though this is not true

Original Submission:  Regarding bug 5485, you just closed it (and changed the
summary to a ""), but as far as I can see neither item has been done.  Maybe
they're coming in the next savannah update?

- TeX is still not a job skill.  There is LaTeX, but that is not the same.  For
TeX for the Impatient, I want to specify TeX particularly.

- The jobs submission result page still says postings will be closed after two
weeks, even though this is (fortunately) not true, in my experience anyway.
The statement should just be removed.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=5485

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: jeu 29.01.2004 à 00:54        By: karl
P.S. The real bug I was reporting here was that 5485 had been closed even
though nothing had been done to fix it.  That does not seem good.  Not that it
matters now.

Date: jeu 29.01.2004 à 00:53        By: karl
Well, I'd never heard of Administration before and don't remember seeing it in
any documentation.  Sorry.  Thanks for reassigning.

I don't see any reason to automatically close job postings.  The maintainers
will/should remove them when someone responds, which could easily take months
or even years.  That doesn't make the posting invalid.

Date: lun 26.01.2004 à 18:29        By: yeupou
Hi,

Please, do not mention 2 bugs in one bug report, it makes harder to manage the
reports.

The first bug you mention is not related to savannah. The list of skills is
imported from the CJN projects ; local modifications to that list must be
handled by the Administration project http://sv.gnu.org/projects/administration
. It is outside of the scope of the Savannah project itself.
The bug has been reassigned to the Administration project -- or should have
been, there is a tricky bug I need to fix about that reassignation process.

For the second bug, this information should be removed since it's not true.
However, I have no clear idea whether jobs offers should be automatically
removed after some time or not.

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=7381>

  Message sent via/by Savannah