[Savannah-hackers-public] Hg usage

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Hg usage
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 20:29:34 +0200

Hi Aleix (and others on the list :)),

To get a comparison about the introduction of Mercurial at Savannah,
the Git introduction was pretty long to catch. After the initial
announcement, nothing happened, but some times later, people started
adding repositories, some for trying out, some for real
use. Eventually people slowly increased the number of Git
repositories and now we have a lot of them.

So, it's likely that the same thing will happen with hg too, so don't
expect everybody to rush and create hg repos ;)

I'm thinking that maybe the project creation could be modified a
bit. Currently a CVS source repository is created by default. Possibly
we could disable it and change the text of the initial mail, asking
people to explicitely activate one VCS.

--
Sylvain