[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Hg usage

From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Hg usage
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 22:38:06 +0200

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 8:29 PM, Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Aleix (and others on the list :)),
>
> To get a comparison about the introduction of Mercurial at Savannah,
> the Git introduction was pretty long to catch. After the initial
> announcement, nothing happened, but some times later, people started
> adding repositories, some for trying out, some for real
> use. Eventually people slowly increased the number of Git
> repositories and now we have a lot of them.
>
> So, it's likely that the same thing will happen with hg too, so don't
> expect everybody to rush and create hg repos ;)

I've been refreshing the web interface all day long... now I
understand that there was only my repo. ;-)

> I'm thinking that maybe the project creation could be modified a
> bit. Currently a CVS source repository is created by default. Possibly
> we could disable it and change the text of the initial mail, asking
> people to explicitely activate one VCS.

I think this fine. I am not sure how project registration is done now,
but some years ago you could register a project without never creating
any source file, so the CVS repository would be useless in those
cases.

Aleix