Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] support for repository(ies) contact/descri

From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] support for repository(ies) contact/description
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:36:25 +0200

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 8:22 PM, Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I have some more suggestions about this.

Great.

> One goal is to permit different kind of permission models. For
> example: personal repositories, forks, etc.
>
> So the permissions need to be stored in the database as well.
> It can be a simple model:
>  type enum ('shared', 'single_member', 'single_non_member')
>  owner_user_id int
>
> or more complex (ACLs)
> table repo_users -- NxN
> (
>  repo_id int,
>  user_id int,
>  type enum ('member', 'admin')
> )
> or something like that.
>
> Both could be combined (for both flexibility and simplicity), using
> the ACL database, and allowing user to chose pre-configured ACLs
> through the web interface that would mimic shared/single_member/etc.

That's interesting. The problem I see is with the backend as we would
need to support this via unix users/groups or via the SCM (if
possible)

I think it's preferably to start without this access control and add
it in the future (more code, more errors). We will see how people uses
the multiple repos or even if they have any interest in access
control.

Aleix