Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr problems this morning

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr problems this morning
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:32:19 -0600

Sylvain Beucler wrote:

We're in the process of making some changes to the bzr setup, which I
assumed would be transparent. Oops :/

  No problem, I'm glad to see folks actively working on maintainance. :-)

I needed to contact you btw, so this is a good opportunity: we're
currently switcing the bzr hosting model to rely in on a flexible
SFTP-based area (currently everything is behind a restricted-shell,
which prevents you from fixing or moving files if need be). I was
waiting for a DNS change to start it, and it was just done by the FSF
staff (hence your error).

  Ok, I notified the Gnash team about this future change.

Hmmm, apparently there's a misunderstanding. In the last mail about
it, some bzr people said he'd have a solution for you the next week,
so I didn't follow this issue.

  I thought he said he sent it to you, so maybe we're all are confused.

Be aware that there are no server-side commit hooks available in
bazaar, so I don't think I can install mail notification on Savannah.

  This would be a huge problem for us. :-(

As far as I understand, bzr commit hooks are currently best installed
on the client side, so you could ask the Gnash devs to install such
script to it send an e-mail from their system when they push to the
shared repository.

Too many of the Gnash team don't have working outgoing email setups on their dev machines, so they don't want to use a client side solution. I guess if we have to everyone could fix their outgoing email sysadmin issues to do this, but a server side email notification would be nice.

I do have my systems all setup for outgoing email, but I get errors from the bzr email add-on about "-a not supported", so it doesn't work for me at all either. Course this isn't your problem...

        - rob -