Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Licensing issues

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Licensing issues
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 16:45:08 -0600

    While this is right, many people do not add notices to makefiles
    (especially Makefile.am's), changelogs and headers.  I don't think we
    should be picky about these cases,

Personally, I completely agree with you.  But my understanding is that
rms insists we be this picky, for the sake of "educating" submitters
about these issues -- every source (non-derived) file should be covered.
(And this is a major reason why the backlog is what it is.)

Sylvain, is that right?

karl