Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Task #14028: Farming Applications

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Task #14028: Farming Applications
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 22:37:12 GMT

    This application relates to a proposal to create free software for
    agriculture, rather than any specific program per se.  I don't know if
    there is a Savannah policy on that.

The (not 100% hard-and-fast) policy is not to do it.  People should have
code, not just an idea, before it makes sense to register a software
project.

    I think this is an excellent idea which could do a lot of good.

Agreed.

    someone reach out to the applicant with support and encouragement.  I
    would be happy to do that;

Please do.

    I have actually been thinking about trying to
    develop software for agriculture myself.

Great!

Thanks,
Karl