Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Free DTP specific

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Free DTP specification
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 12:02:55 +0100

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 07:20:12AM -0700, address@hidden wrote:

> Tomas Sanchez Romani <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Free DTP specification
> System name: dtp-spec
>
> The purpose of this project is to create a specification for a
> \"sort-of-wysiwyg-desktop-publishing\"-program (like
> PageMaker/QuarkXpress/InDesign/etc).
>
> Goals:
> 1. Find a group of advanced users of this kind of system and get them (us) to
> start thinking.
> 2. Collect other persons opinions/experiences
> 3. Find a group of programmers with whom we can interact on topics such as
> standards, formats, etc.

Sorry, I think we can only help you after step 3 has been completed. We only
approve software or documentation projects in Savannah. Your idea sounds very
interesting and useful, but if I understood you correctly, you would like to
use the project for advocacy and discussion related to your idea, which is out
of the scope of Savannah. We'll be glad to host your project after it gets
started; if you think I misunderstood your proposal, please re-submitted with
a more complete description.

For the Savannah hackers team,
Jaime Villate