[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of TuxReader

From: criswell
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of TuxReader
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 14:23:06 -0700

Sam Hart <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License:
Other License: Gnu GPL (it seems to have somehow selected ALL the licenses for
me instead of the one I wanted. So I am specifying the GPL in this text field,
just to be safe ;-)
Package: TuxReader
System name: tuxread

TuxReader intends to be an educational tool to assist children learning how to
read. It will load and display text files which the child will try to read. If
the child finds a word they do not know, they can click on the word to hear the
computer pronounce it.

TuxReader is actually part of a suite of Free-Software educational applications
sponsored by the Tux4Kids project (http://www.geekcomix.com/tux4kids/). It will
be styled after Tux4Kids first educational application, Tux Typing
(http://www.geekcomix.com/dm/tuxtype/).

Still early in development, you can read more about TuxReader at its homepage:
http://www.geekcomix.com/dm/tuxread/