[Savannah-hackers] Savannah & phpGroupWare

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah & phpGroupWare
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 01:11:55 +0200

        Hi,

        I've just built a set of packages for phpgroupware including patches
to allow account creation thru xmlrpc at

        http://france.fsfeurope.org/debian

        The patches were submitted to
phpgroupware (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=7305&atid=307305). They
are lightweight and I hope they will be accepted soon.

        Attached to this mail is a sample code to create an account
with xmlrpc. I find this honestly simple. The only drawback is that
phpGroupWare is not documented and you therefore have to dig in the
code to figure out what are the valid arguments. A small price to pay,
IMHO.

        If you ever try to install the packages, make sure you do it
on a Debian testing or unstable, unless you want to help debug the
packaging ;-) I applied changes according to the suggestions of
David Delon <address@hidden> but they only fix part of the problems
related to "stable", the most annoying being the lack of wwwconfig-common
package. My own setup is php3 + mysql. I submitted those packages
for inspection by the Debian maintainer of the 0.9.12 phpGroupWare
package (address@hidden) but got no feedback yet.

        I'll simplify the packaging using and extending xmlrpc awareness
of phpGroupWare so that no web interaction is necessary immediately after
the apt-get install. Once this is done I think we will be fully equiped
to develop the new Savannah code.

        Cheers,

use Frontier::Client;
use Data::Dumper;

    # Make an object to represent the XML-RPC server.
    $server_url = 'http://loic.dachary.org/phpgroupware/xmlrpc.php';
    $server = Frontier::Client->new(url => $server_url);

    # Call the remote server and get our result.
    $result = $server->call('system.listMethods');
    print Data::Dumper->Dump($result);
    $result = $server->call('system.login', { 'username' => 'admin', 'password'
=> 'xxxxxx' });
        print $result;
    print Dumper($result);

    $server_url =
"http://$result->{'sessionid'}:$result->{'kp3'address@hidden/phpgroupware/xmlrpc.php";
    print STDERR $server_url;
    $server = Frontier::Client->new(url => $server_url);
    $result = $server->call('admin.boaccounts.list_methods', 'xmlrpc');
    print Dumper($result);
    $result = $server->call('admin.boaccounts.rpc_add_user', {
        'account_type' => 'u',
        'status' => 'A',
        'account_status' => 'A',

        'account_lid' => 'bar3',
        'account_firstname' => 'Bar',
        'account_lastname' => 'Enbar',
        'account_passwd' => 'a',
        'account_passwd_2' => 'a',
        'account_permissions' => [ 'preferences' ]
    });
    print Dumper($result);

        Cheers,