Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Nomad Phones

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Nomad Phones
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 12:10:13 +0200

Michael writes:
 > Right now it's mostly discussion on what's needed. I have been working on
 > some stuff for allowing email, messaging, web browsing etc to go from the
 > phone but that's not really specific to this device. We are planning on it
 > running Linux, possibly Jabber and/or VNC, and one of the opensourced
 > network phone packages. For the interface and glue we're planning on using
 > Python.
 >
 > I was under the impression that it was okay to use Savannah for new
 > projects that don't yet have any code?

        It is okay. I was only confused because you said "it already
exists". Hence, I assumed code was ready. Could you submit your project
again ?

        Please note that Savannah is fit for Free Software projects, not
Open Source projects. There is a substantial difference between the two.
If you'd like we can discuss about it.

        Cheers,