Re: [Savannah-hackers] Emacs-commit does not catch every commit

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Emacs-commit does not catch every commit
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 22:21:07 +0000

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 11:21:14PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> I modified the Root info (using the newcvsroot script from cvs-utils),
> but now subversions.gnu.org doesn't allow me to access the repository:
> it says "authorization failed".  What's wrong: doesn't my previous CVS
> password work with the new root?
>
> Here's what I have now in the CVS/Root files:
>
>   :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/emacs
> and this is what I have in CVS/Repository file in the top-level
> directory of the Emacs sandbox:
>
>   /cvsroot/emacs/emacs

> Is that right, or did I goof with newcvsroot?

As I've said before, the project's cvs page in Savannah
(http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group_id=40) explains it: please read the
section "Developer CVS Access via SSH" very carefully.

You will see that your CVS/Root files should look like:
   address@hidden:/cvsroot/emacs/
and the CVS/Repository in the top-level directory should be:
   emacs
moreover, your old password wont work; "You have to register a CVS/SSH Shared
key in the Account Maintenance page for the machine from which you run cvs."

Cheers,
Jaime