[Savannah-hackers] Re: config: obsoleting /cvs

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: config: obsoleting /cvs
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 14:50:11 +0100

Ben Elliston writes:

 >   Loic>      Yes ;-) You should use ssh. Please read
 >
 > With respect, the original message made *no* mention that pserver was
 > no longer supported.

        This is true ... I will correct this for the next time this
message is sent. Sorry for this mistake.

 >   Loic> http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group_id=90
 >
 > It's not clear to me how to establish my SSH key with the CVS server
 > machine:
 >
 >     Substitute developername with the proper value. Your savannah
 >     password is useless for cvs. You have to register a CVS/SSH
 >     Shared key in the Account Maintenance page for the machine from
 >     which you run cvs.
 >
 > Where the "the Account Maintenance page"?  Why must it be access from
 > the machine were I run cvs?

        There is a confusion: you should register the SSH key of the
machine from which you'll run cvs. But the Account Maintainance web
page can be accessed from any machine.

        You should login savannah.gnu.org at

https://savannah.gnu.org/account/login.php

        Once you're logged in the link

https://savannah.gnu.org/account/

        will bring you to the account maintainance page. At the bottom of
the page you have a link to

        https://savannah.gnu.org/account/editsshkeys.php

        that allows you to enter your ssh public keys.

        I hope this is clearer.

        Thanks for your patience,

75019    Paris         T: 33 1 42 45 09 16          address@hidden