Re: [Savannah-hackers] Help with uploading of project "home page" materi

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Help with uploading of project "home page" material
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 07:49:02 +0100

Peter Crabb writes:
 > CVS hackers and Savannah maintainers,
 >
 > Thanks for the fix.
 >
 > I am having some challenges with setting up the project's web page.  I used
 > the command.
 > scp index.html  address@hidden:/upload/ci/
 > which, in no great surprise, copied the web page to the download area.
 >
 > How do I upload the web page to the correct spot ("home page" area) and
 > delete web files in the "down load" area.
 >
 > Any guidance is appreciated.

        scp is the simplest way to upload a single file. To properly manage
the upload directory, you should use rsync over ssh. Create a directory on
your own machine, place all files you want to see in the upload directory
on savannah in it and then rsync it with the upload directory. That will
add missing files and remove files that are not in your local directory.

        The idea is that you have a copy of the upload directory on your
local machine at all time. This is both a backup mechanism and a simple
way to manage the exact content of the upload directory on savannah.

        Regarding the web pages, you should manage them with the CVS
HTML tree (check for instructions in your project CVS page). Each file
placed in the CVS HTML repository is automatically mirrored to
www.freesoftware.fsf.org/ci, you will see them appear immediately.

        Cheers,