[Savannah-hackers] Re: MORE.STUFF and Calc

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: MORE.STUFF and Calc
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:47:51 +0000

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 11:52:32AM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 08:50:21 +0000
> > From: "Jaime E. Villate" <address@hidden>
> >
> > You do have write access to webcvs/software/calc. But you do not have write
> > access to webcvs/. The cvs command you used is trying to create a lock file
> > in
> > webcvs/ before it uploads webcvs/software/calc/calc.html but you can't
> > create
> > a lock there. Try the following instead:
> >    cd calc   # where calc is the directory you already checked out
> >    cvs -z3 ci calc.html
>
> Unfortunately, this didn't work either (with what seems like an
> identical message):

Oh, I was assuming that "calc" was already registered in Savannah, but it
isn't. That means that at this moment only those in the webmasters team can
change its webpage (webmasters are the members of project www in Savannah).
In order to allow calc developpers to change the web pages, project calc
should be registered in Savannah.

> This also doesn't work (and here, for a change, I do understand what
> the error message says ;-):
>
>   Cannot access /webcvs/software/calc/CVSROOT
>   No such file or directory
Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking about when I wrote that second
command.

Regards,
Jaime